Friday, February 25, 2011

Christian Dior Diorama ~ fragrance review

Christian Dior Diorama perfumer advertChristian Dior Miss Dior & Diorama perfumer advert

Who is your favorite perfumer? Mine is Edmond Roudnitska. In my dreams Roudnitska insists appointing me a perfume. ?Martini - breathed luscious, "he said," I need to capture your perfume essence.? It casts its gaze on me, my hair tangled and vintage dress crumpled, ornamented with fur pet. It guess each my thinking, even those rare not having to do with what I am going to eat then. It then creates water of Angela. A masterpiece.

Unfortunately, Roudnitska is no longer with us. I am stuck with having found the water of Angela among perfumes is left for account. This too small inheritance, one of the few I did not thoroughly investigated until all of this month was Christian Dior Diorama.

Diorama was released in 1949, the second after Miss Dior Dior perfumes. In recent years to buy Diorama and another classic Dior perfumes, Diorling, you had to go the cheap Paris or Roja Dove shop at Harrods in London. Some people said you could buy Diorama at the Paris Dior flagship store, but others denied. Bottom line: smell Diorama was almost impossible for stateside perfumistas.

To make it worse yet, many people who smell Diorama were disappointed. It was cumin-y, flat, and left a sister risen trail. Those who were lucky enough to have felt vintage Diorama were doubly tracassees to the new version. I can testify that it is for Diorling - new Diorling is a different creature than rich and elegant vintage version. It is just a low reflection on the other, either. They have very different perfumes. I found a bottle of vintage Diorling quite easily, but I've never seen a vintage Diorama for sale for less than a mortgage payment.

Last fall, mis Dior Diorama in wider distribution. In the hope that Francois Demachy, Director of olfactory development at LVMH, reformulated to restore a portion of its previous glory I ordered one decanting. Saks Fifth Avenue, exclusive distributor of the United States Diorama trumpets as "De Dior latest perfume" Diorama (course, more than 60 years ago!), it calls a "spicy floral," and lists his notes such as bergamot, ylang ylang, Plum, peach, pink Turkish, Indian jasmine, Egyptian cumin, cedar and Indonesian patchouli.

About me, this latest incarnation of the Diorama is a fragrance of flower-rose-cumin orange with a hint of peach. She wished to cleave the elegant tradition of the classic Dior Miss Dior, Diorling, Diorella and Dioressence, but - like perfumes today too - in my mind, it will fail. Orange brings a sense of soap service station and crushed pills vitamin C, and rose is thin and wan. Cuminphobes Note: the Diorama cumin is strongly present from beginning to end.

I feel a nice foam complication leads me to suspect that diorama is really a Cyprus. Created Roudnitska Rochas woman, a Cyprus peachy animalic, a few years earlier. It is fascinating to feel his original wife beside the original Diorama. Is it not interesting that woman was tarted up with cumin in its latest version, just as the Diorama is now (and perhaps has always been)? In the drydown, the Diorama shows a bit of vetiver, sandalwood and musk and advice even Diorella.

I could be sings the praises of the Diorama rather than cranky if I love already two other florals cumin-y: Vero Profumo Rubj water perfume and Amouage Jubilation 25. Rubj is juicy and lustier as Diorama. It is a different perfume in total than Diorama, but if you love the duo orange blossom-cumin, do a test. Jubilation 25 floral Cyprus with cumin, is so rich and complex smell materials versus Diorama is difficult to not wanting to spank Dior management. You cannot repeat a dress of theatre de Dior since the beginning of the 1950s cheap with half cloth formatting and expect to resemble something that an arty take a bridesmaid dress. Similarly, you cannot expect a beautiful idea with perfume to become beautiful perfume without quality ingredients.

So I guess it's back to dream of the Roudnitksa and comfortable taking my stock of old woman, Mousseline of Rochas, Diorella and Frederic Malle Therese fragrance. May I add a new dream involving stumbling on a Diorama 1950s perfume amphora. In this case, I will restore its tag and find on the back, the ink faded, "Water of Angela, love, Edmond."

United States, the new Diorama water in toilet is sold exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue for $90 per 100 ml. In Britain, he sold the Debenham.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts